This page gives information about the basis, up-building and doctrine of the
RESTORED APOSTOLIC MISSIONCHURCH
ln her organization and doctrine this church is exclusively guided by the Bible. Her objective is to prepare people to the re-coming of Christ. (Matt. 24:42-44; 1. Co. 15:51,52; 1. Thes. 4:15-17; Rev. 11:12).
For the purpose of honouring God and of bestowing blessing on them who search in sincerity for the biblical truth, this brochure has been composed.
Some biblical passages are mentioned, in order to enable the reader to compare this text with the Bible.
THE APOSTOLIC MISSIONCHURCH TEACHES:
1. That there is one God, who has been revealed as God the Father, as God the Son and as God the Holy Spirit. Deut. 6:4-5; lsa. 45:5; Mark 12:29-30; John 17:3; Rom. 3:30;
2. That salvation can be obtained only by belief in what Jesus Christ has done for us. Matt. 20:28; John 3:14-18; Rom.5:6; Rom. 10:11; Gal.3:13; 1. John 2:2.
3. That Holy Scripture has been inspired by God and must therefore be taken as a rule of conduct for our lives. 2 Tim. 3:15-17.
4. That Christ has founded a community to which one must belong in order to receive the means of grace. Eph.2:19-22.
5. That Christ is the living and ruling Head of His community and that He has given apostles, prophets, evangelists and pastors, which orders must remain until all people have come to unity of belief. Eph.4:11-16.
6. That God’s children are supplied in four-fold ways with spiritual food by the four named orders.
7. That the community of Christ must have ministers, whom the Lord God calls by name through prophecy, to serve Him in one of the four orders. Acts 13:1-3; Acts 20:28; 1 Tim. 1:18; Heb.5:4.
8. That Christ has given three sacraments:
a. BAPTISM WITH WATER
in the name of the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit. Matt. 28:19.
b. THE LORD’S SUPPER
being the invisible body and blood of the Lord. Matt. 26:26-28.
c. BAPTISM WITH FIRE AND THE HOLY SPIRIT
(Holy Sealing). Acts 19:6.
9. a. That we are washed clean of original sin and our own sin by baptism with water and that this baptism establishes the seed of rebirth; (a new start to life). Mark 16:16; John 3:3-6; Titus 3:5.
b. That the worthy acceptance of The Lord’s supper maintains and strengthens the spiritual life that we obtained by baptism with water. John 6:53-58; 1. Co. 5:7-8; 1. Co. 11:23-26; Eph. 5:29-30.
c. That the baptized are promoted as first-born children by baptism with fire and the Holy Spirit, which sacrament may be administered only by the order of apostles (Acts 8:17); and that thereby gifts and powers can be revealed in them so that they will truly be temples of the Holy Spirit, prepared to receive the heavenly Bridegroom when He comes in glory. 2. Co. 1:21-22: Eph. 1:13-14; Rev.14:1-4.
10. That the ministers of the community of Christ can absolve the repentant children of God from their sins in God’s three-fold Holy Name and that one may receive The Lord’s supper only after absolution. 2. Co. 5:18-20.
11. That there will be a first and a second resurrection; that the first resurrection will take place before Christ’s Millennium (Kingdom of a thousand years) begins on earth and the second resurrection will take place after Christ has ruled for a thousand years. 1. Co. 15:23-24; 1. Thes. 4:13-18; Rev. 20:1-5.
12. That at the first resurrection those shall rise who are called to the wedding feast of the Lamb and that on the day of the second (general) resurrection the rest of the dead shall all rise. Rev. 20:11-15.
13. That those who have received baptism with fire and with the Holy Spirit, as well as with water, AND HAVE REMAINED FIRM TO THE END will be the elect who will rule with Christ as kings and priests on this earth in the Millennium of Peace. Rev. 20:4-6.